Thursday, July 31, 2014

Science in the Summer Day 4

Last day!  Today's lesson was similar to yesterday's in that there were stations.  The young students learned about more ocean creatures like lobsters, crabs, barnacles, sharks, and brine shrimp.  Some specimens were spaced out at a few different stations, and they could spend a few minutes at each observing them.

Swimming brine shrimp

Barnacle replica

Dissection of a shark that was explained

Megalodon tooth the size of my hand
It was great for me to be able to help out Science in the Summer.  I got to interact with the kids as they learned and help them out.  The past four days were a wonderful experience!  I hope to participate as a volunteer again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 8: The Final Grind Begins

Today honestly did not feel like a Friday because I didn't have cohort. In other exciting news, it was the last day of my Global Asia re...