Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Science in the Summer Day 2

There was much water involved in today’s lesson.  It involved a variety of things, like dropping water on pennies, floating paper clips on water, and creating Cartesian Divers.  I loved helping the kids try to float paper clips, but my favorite part had to be watching the awe on their faces when they were trying out their Cartesian Divers.  I’ve never even heard of the one until today, and it is pretty fun to see it in action. Everyone had to bring in a one liter bottle for this experiment, but the eyedroppers were supplied.  After I filled them up with water, the children filled their droppers halfway full, so it could float on top of their bottles.  Making sure no water would spill out for the next step, they made sure their bottle lids were screwed on tight.   To make the Divers work, the children had to squeeze hard for their eyedroppers to sink to the bottom.  This happens due to the pressure changes.

On a side note, I'm changing my website name to cjssweetmemories.blogspot.com because it just suites my posts more.  Either that or cjsadventures.blogspot.com, but that was already taken.  Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 8: The Final Grind Begins

Today honestly did not feel like a Friday because I didn't have cohort. In other exciting news, it was the last day of my Global Asia re...