Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Science in the Summer Day 3

Everything was hands on today. There were five stations and at each there were a variety of underwater critters: sea horses, seashells, corals, sponges, and echinoderms.  I wish I have some pictures, but I didn't bring my iPod.  The children got to examine the specimens with magnifying glasses and draw the ones of their choice in their notebooks. After that, everyone received a sheet of blue paper that turned light blue when placed in the sun.  They chose some specimens from the stations to place on their paper, so when the sun's rays hit the paper, the objects would cast shadows creating dark blue images of what was placed there.  When the paper turned light enough, I helped bring them in and soak them in water so the paper would not react to light anymore.  Tomorrow, everyone gets to take theirs home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 8: The Final Grind Begins

Today honestly did not feel like a Friday because I didn't have cohort. In other exciting news, it was the last day of my Global Asia re...