Friday, December 1, 2017

Blogmas Day 1: Stern Exchange & Union Square Holiday Market

Vlogmas is a big thing on YouTube, but since I don't have a YouTube account, I am going to blog for the 25 days up until Christmas!

Today was the last day of Cohort. For the past few weeks, Stern has been inviting alumni to come talk to us about the different industries students go into after they graduate. The Stern Exchange is supposed to be a nice wrap-up of all of these talks, where the freshman can network with the different companies that recruit at Stern. They had these really swag bags for everyone with cool items from every company. I think mine was missing a pair of Google sunglasses because I saw everyone else had one. At the event, Stern hired caterers to serve us Shake Shack, Chickpea, and drinks. I stayed a while to talk to various companies and learn about their programs, which was mostly for sophomores and above. Overall, the SternTalks were a really great experience for me.

Later in the night, I went to the Union Square Holiday Market with USWIB. All the shops there were extremely cute and artisanal. Although my mentor could not make it, I had a lot of fun browsing through all the artistic creations my friend, Sonia, and I met someone new, Gabe, Sonia's friend. The shop that was most unique was a chocolate shop that branded their product as so soft that you don't need to chew it. Their samples were quite delicious, and they tasted just like truffles. Since Union Square is pretty close to Palladium dining hall and we all live pretty far from it, we decided to grab dinner after. After talking to Gabe, I learned about the intramural volleyball team, which I'm interested in joining next semester. I'm pretty glad I went because I had a great time, and met a new friend.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 8: The Final Grind Begins

Today honestly did not feel like a Friday because I didn't have cohort. In other exciting news, it was the last day of my Global Asia re...