Sunday, February 15, 2015

Tiger's Invitational & Bottle Charms

Yesterday, the Science Olympiad team traveled to Lehigh to compete in the Tiger's Invitationals.  I participated in the Bridge Building, Entomology, and Green Generation events. My partners and I won 4th in entomology and 7th in Green Generation.  For the bridge building event, I didn't build the bridge; I was just placed in the event to help test it. My school placed 2nd in the competition; we tied with the 1st place school, but the tiebreaker was number of 1st places in individual events, and they had more. I had a great time, and I hope I'll be invited to the regional competition.

The bridge that I tested.





Today, I hosted a crafting event at the library.  We made "key to my heart" bottle charms and linked on a heart charm with a jump ring to give it a decorative touch.  It was supposed to be a Valentine's Day event, so we had pink and red M&M's out.  The craft went by pretty fast, so I stayed afterwards to discuss about future events with the TAB advisor.  I'm thinking about doing 4-leaf clover magnets for St Patrick's Day in March, pendant necklaces in April, and a necklace charm for Mother's Day in May.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 8: The Final Grind Begins

Today honestly did not feel like a Friday because I didn't have cohort. In other exciting news, it was the last day of my Global Asia re...