Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Notebook DIY to the Library

Remember the notebook DIY I posted a few days ago?  Well, I just taught that DIY at my local library yesterday.  It was super fun and I actually got to twist it up a little bit.  The library events organizer bought most of the supplies and I brought the cereal boxes and buttons.  We set everything up outside in the courtyard and decided to demonstrate the steps by creating a mini demo notebook.  It was all avant-garde, coming up with everything on the spot. The end product was probably the size of my hand.  After that both of us helped the kids start on their projects, and I talked them through step by step.  I wanted to make sure they knew all the steps in case they wanted to make more notebooks, but I definitely helped the kids sew on the paper because it was the most dangerous step. Nearing the end, they got to choose their own accessories; like instead of the buttons I used, they could have substituted in an initial charm or turtle.  Working with them was a great experience, and I think they really enjoyed it this craft.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 8: The Final Grind Begins

Today honestly did not feel like a Friday because I didn't have cohort. In other exciting news, it was the last day of my Global Asia re...