Saturday, January 3, 2015

Celebrating My Sister's Birthday

Happy Birthday Rachel!
Her birthday was last month, but we're celebrating it today because she is home from college. We started off with a fancy dinner with squid, mushrooms, cucumbers, green beans, eggs, and tomatoes.


We finished our meal off with a scrumptious caramel tres leches cake.  It had 5 layers: caramelized sugar, fluffy cream, dry pound cake, cream again, and finally, creamy pound cake.
I hand-made her birthday card by sponging on different colors and then painting on glitter nail polishes to give it some extra sparkle.  My gift to her was a dark chocolate Hershey's bar and a pack of 5 Gum.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 8: The Final Grind Begins

Today honestly did not feel like a Friday because I didn't have cohort. In other exciting news, it was the last day of my Global Asia re...