Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Actuarial Science Academy Prorgram at WCU

I applied to an Actuarial Science program at West Chester University during the school year to learn more about this topic and see whether I'd be interested in pursuing this area of business. For the application, I needed to provide some information about myself, a recommendation from a teacher, a resume, and write a short essay.

Shortly after, I was accepted and by July it was time for me to spend 3 days at WCU. There were a variety of ways in which we were introduced to actuarial science. We joined a few classes that college students following the path took: amortization and statistics. A guest speaker from an actuarial science organization came to discuss his job and we went to tour a workplace. Amongst the learning, we had fun. We had activities such as rock climbing and going out for Kiwi Frozen Yogurt.





It was here where I decided to trade my first equity. It was pretty late at night while I was catching up on the news, where one about Nintendo's Pokemon Go caught my eye. I read up on it and saw the game would be leading the company in a new direction--a better one. I invested in Nintendo until I saw that the price had been inflated way too much, all the while in China. But my trading history is a story to be told in a later post.

As I am posting this a year too late--but still want to preserve this memory--all the opportunities to learn more about AcSci at WCU was a wonderful experience this was me. This program has definitely influenced my decision in choosing what to study in the future. (<3 8/20/17)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 8: The Final Grind Begins

Today honestly did not feel like a Friday because I didn't have cohort. In other exciting news, it was the last day of my Global Asia re...